Monday, August 19, 2013

Kate Funk: Wedding Cake Baker!

A friend asked me to make her wedding cupcakes this past winter and I said yes, even though in the back of my mind I was thinking "NO way, I'm no professional baker!!" But since I struggle with saying no I nodded my head and said I'd be honored. The last two months have been an ongoing panic attack which has included testing recipes, fondant, gum paste, endless trips to Michaels, discovering my new favorite store Fante's, nightmares, and a constant slew of self doubting messages. Anywho, the day finally came and dear lord was I nervous. I almost yelled at my poor boyfriend for listening to my wrong directions, before I stopped myself realizing, I did this to myself. Anywho, with my boyfriend's amazing little sister and my own I was able to complete a task that seemed insurmountable. The wedding cupcakes and top tier turned out truly gorgeous and I could not be more proud of my master piece. It turned out perfectly and although I vowed to NEVER do it again, I know that if someone asked me, I'd say yes. So please, for the love of God, don't ask me. :)




2 comments:

  1. wow the cake is amazing,
    love it so much

    want to follow each other? i will defiently follow back

    my blog:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete